Everybody loves watching videos on YouTube. Most often there is a temptation to download them so that they can be watched offline too! Now, what do you do if you want just the audio track of the video in MP3 format? This can happen when you like a song on YouTube and want to save it in your laptop or smartphone so that you get to hear it whenever you want to. There are plenty of ways to get MP3 from YouTube videos.1 Keep reading to know more!
To get started, you have many free YouTube to MP3 converters with really fascinating features but you also have other ways of extracting the audio track of YouTube videos.
1) GenYouTube – video downloading website
GenYouTube is basically a video downloader service 2 that does not charge you to download YouTube videos. It is the easiest way to download YouTube videos in MP3 format. The downloading is quite fast and hassle free.
Here are 3 different ways how this works:
- Paste the YouTube video URL to the GenYouTube site.
- Search for a video on the GenYouTube website.
- Visit the YouTube page and add the word ‘gen’ before ‘youtube’ in the URL of the video.
When you are on the download page, choose the MP3 option from the list and the downloading will start immediately. Even other formats are supported by this video downloading website.
2) MediaHuman – YouTube to MP3 Converter
MediaHuman YouTube to MP3 Converter is a popular choice if you need to extract the MP3 file from YouTube videos. This converter has features that are quite unique. They include batch downloads and multi-link importing. This lets you download several files in one go. You can even download complete playlists with this converter.
The other features worth mentioning are bandwidth control, auto-shutdown option after the download is over, custom bitrate settings and title-renaming before downloading and many more.
3) Audacity – Audio recording and editing program
Audacity is not like the converter you read about above. 3 You may find it difficult to use but it is great for Windows, macOS and Linux.
It is a free audio recording as well as an editing program. What it does is that it records all the sounds made by the computer and saves it in MP3 format. You need to ensure that no other sounds are playing because it records everything that reaches the speakers.
4) Web browsers – Chrome and Firefox
Another advanced way to download videos from YouTube is using a web browser such as Chrome and Firefox. This route is quite different and elaborate when compared to the ones mentioned above but it is definitely one of the possibilities especially when you don’t want to use a video converter!
5) VLC Media Player
VLC video and audio player is immensely versatile and free of cost. Using it, you can download YouTube videos in the MP4 format in most operating systems such as Windows, macOS and Linux. After you get the video in MP4 format, it needs to be converted to MP3.
So, these were some of the ways to get MP3 from YouTube. If you’re looking to get more such solutions, here’s useful resource you can follow:
Downloading MP3 track from YouTube video on your Android smartphone
In case you are watching something interesting on your smartphone and want to save it as an audio track, don’t worry, it is possible on your Android phone!
Here is how to do it:
1) Open the YouTube app and search for the video you want to download ( in MP3 format).
2) Tap the video in the results. It will start playing. You need to tap again on the share option right below the video.
3) You will get a pop up window that will have the ‘copy link’ option. This will copy the URL of the video to the clipboard and you can then paste this to any YouTube to MP3 converter website by opening the chrome app on your phone.
4) Tap on the convert option and see your video getting converted. You will then get a download prompt. Tap it to download the video.
5) The last step would be to find the file in the download folder and play it!
Is converting YouTube videos to MP3 legal?
It is not actually legal to download videos from YouTube even if it is for your personal use but it is completely legal to do so when you are the owner of the content i.e. you are the creator and the person who has uploaded the video on YouTube. Having written permission from the original creator will also do.
However, the content in the public domain can be freely downloaded. What you should understand is that legally it is not possible to use YouTube as a source of your personal music collection and download songs without permission from uploaders.
Hope you found this article on different ways to get MP3 from YouTube videos useful!